Monday, December 28, 2009

Odd Happenings in the Life of Moi

I am going out for dinner tonight and when I do, I am having a beer.

And I don’t even like beer.

But it’s been one of those weeks. The kind where I've actually caught myself giving thanks that I am not pregnant, unemployed, or dealing with a leprosy diagnosis.

When you have to go that dark to cheer yourself up . . . yeah, it's been a rough go.

First off, my ex-husband got engaged. Which is just fine, but odd. It kind of feels like he's doing a remake of our life and I've been recast as a brunette with huge boobs.

Weird.

Secondly, my ex-boyfriend (no one ever mentioned in this blog) who broke up with me because I was 10 years older is now dating an older woman. But she doesn’t have kids. She has a dog.

Lovely.

Thirdly,a guy who I had not only amazing relationship potential with but who I could actually envision becoming my best friend (which is the fairytale everyone is seeking) is MIA and busy snowmobiling. I am trying to forget he exists. That is working about 80% of the time . . . alright, up that stat to 95%. I don't want to make myself sound like a pining woos. (Okay, maybe it's 92.5%...)

Last but not least, I think George Clooney just wrote to me on Match.com. But of course, he's slightly psycho.

Those celebs usually are.

On an up note, I’m making some great progress on my novel and am highly considering developing an allergy to dating until I finish that baby on or around June 1st.

If I do that, I have no idea what will happen to Dating Land.

Maybe I’ll just have to write about Naomi . . . she’s got more material than a fabric store going out of business.

We'll see . . .
**************************************************
Private Message to Team Anders:
My blog is about relationships. But no relationship is more precious than the love we have for our children. Dating Land's theme is dating . . . but behind the scenes is a real life, with real love, that comes in many many forms.

Endless thoughts and prayers over the years and miles to you and your family my dear friend . . .
~Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you reading Dating Land! Your comment will be published once I have reviewed it and determined you are not a meth head/freak job/maniac. Thanks for reading, please visit me every Monday and Thursday! ~Audra