Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Readers Reply to "Dear Daphne" . . .

There "Dear Daphne" letter was originally published on July 13th, the day after she and I discovered this deceit. I was invited to appear on KFGO the next day as I appear regularly to promote my blog. I read the letter on the air and the response has been astounding. The response was so positive that KFGO has been repeatedly airing my reading of the letter on the air throughout this week. I'll post an audio link soon . . .

There is a "Comments" section at the end of each blog post and I want to thank those of you who took time to write your heartfelt and compassionate thoughts. When "D" read them her response was . . . "my heart is soaring." Thank you for demonstrating such love . . . I have reposted the immediate commentary this letter received for easier access in a post of its own. If you wish to add your thoughts please click on the "comments" link at the end of either this post or the "Dear Daphne" letter post . . .

Love and Blessings, ~Audra


Anonymous said...
I am not sure you should (or will want to) post this. I just want you to know that I know "D" very well...you see...I am her mother. I know that this beautiful woman has been hurt by more than one man...and she doesn't deserve it. She is smart, sincere, has a good job,and is beautiful both inside and out. If she has any faults it is that she is too trusting...too kind,too loyal, and too generous...the very things that people should strive for...fail her. I would like to believe that she was shown these good things by her parents...but I believe that they just come naturally to her...she is just that kind of person. I know that there is the right "someone" out there for her and I tell her not to give up...he WILL come along. I hope for your sake that Mr. Right will come into your life as well. Thank you for being so kind and 'being there' for "D"...you couldn't find a better friend.
July 13, 2010 5:29 PM

OarFan5 said...
Wow...never met D's Mom before, but I love her comments...and knowing D pretty well, I totally agree with her. D couldn't be more due for a future of kindness, gentleness, and for someone to wrap his arms around her and be the proudest guy in the room everywhere they go.And I'd repeat that sentiment for you, too, Audra. Excellent blog...in so many art forms pain seems to bring out awesome creativity, and your blog this week is no exception. (That being said, I'd rather read boring blogs and you be happy!)Peace.
July 13, 2010 6:17 PM

SLS said...
*tears*I am SO sorry for both of you. I also know D very well...and if there's anyone who is due for a loving, supportive, respectable relationship, it's D. Neither of you deserve this and I'm very sorry you have to go through it. Audra, this letter to D is brilliantly written. How you have embraced her is selfless and honorable...I don't think many people would have reacted the way you have. Thank you for taking my friend in your arms. Thank you for being strong for her. Thank you for your courage to lead her through this only to come out on the other side with your heads held high.To D: I've said it before, I'll say it again: stay strong. Don't be defeated by this. You deserve so much better. As your mom said, you are a kind, smart, caring, giving, loving, sincere woman who deserves a man who is willing (not to mention able) to give you those things in return. He is out there...don't give up on that.Love you...and Audra, I can't wait to meet you. =)
July 13, 2010 8:02 PM

Audra said...
To D's mama bear, What beautiful commentary. Your family has been through a great deal, but it looks also that there is a great deal of something more than just loss . . . love. Although the circumstances have been adverse the past few days, I welcome D's presence in my life. I feel blessed to know her . . .Love,Audra
July 13, 2010 8:03 PM

Anonymous said...
Audra: I always knew you were one of those students that was "special." Special to others, special to me, special in your resiliency...your purpose of life? Well, I think you found your calling...you know this happened for a reason...all things do...you and "D" will form a bond that will withstand tests of time and trial...you have just started to see that...I kept the rope of sand picture you drew in high school for a long time...you did not weave a rope of sand Audra...you wove a rope of strength...you are perhaps the best thing that has happened to "D" in a long time...I read this to my 19 year old son (because you will forever be 19 in my mind...and because he is a guy). Braeden says "remind them both that not all guys are jerks...not all guys should be labeled because of a bad few...they deserve better, and if they are patient, one of the good ones will find them, probably when they are not even looking..." Well, I thought it was pretty insightful for a 19 year old guy...Always there for you....:) CJH
July 13, 2010 9:53 PM

Kellie said...
Wow, Audra....It is so unfortunate about the circumstances behind your blog post...I hope you realize that when you read it back for yourself it is one of the most beautiful, heart-wrenching "stories" that is obviously full of your raw emotions...We as readers are in awe of your words, yet we feel so sorry for the pain that has caused you to write them.For both you and "D"- This person is not a man, he is not even a human being. For someone to do this so coldly, so calculating, it is beyond belief. Please don't let this person change who you are...Don't let him take away your trust in others and your right to love and be loved in return. Don't let this person do this to others. Tell on him, rat him out, purchase a billboard, do whatever it takes because maybe, just maybe, you will give another woman the information she needs so that she will never trust her heart with this scumbag...
July 14, 2010 12:10 AM

Anonymous said...
"D"Sorry that you have joined this awful club. With love I suggest you read the Healing Library on SurvivingInfidelity.com. I personally know that it is hard to never quite get the 'why's and how could he' of this situation. I know that betrayal reaches to the core of you with stabbing pain. I know that it questions everything that you thought was you. I know it sends you in a tail spin of questions: 'Did I do the right thing, should I have asked different questions, maybe if I had done something differently it would not have happened?' And even the biggie... 'but, I still love him - How will I get over this?' It is a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, twists and turns.And the only thing that works to slow that roller coaster down is time. You need to heal. Healing takes time. Healing takes work. Healing takes patience. talk. cry. write. wear pink. and just know, that you are loved.
July 14, 2010 9:13 AM

Audra said...
This empathetic woman asked me to share her commentary, she sent me this in an email and asked me to post it here:

Audra,Great Blog! Very Impressive and well written.For D....I feel your pain! I went through something very similiar..not just once..but twice! The first time it happened my ex met his "soul mate" while vacationing with my dad and brother!! He traveled back and forth Fargo to be with her! The second time was the last time. While he was sending me 6 dozen roses..for the 6 years we were married..he was sending the "other woman" the same roses and sharing the bedroom! I look back now and even though it was the most difficult thing that I had ever done..it was the best thing I had ever done! I drew all my strength and decided to move on. Two months ago (after being divorced for 6 years) I married the love of my life and all I can tell both of you is that it was so worth the wait! You have to be strong and stay positive. I, like you, trust too easily and always give others the benefit of the doubt! If I can get through this anyone can! You will look back on this..and even though it is hard now..you will thank the Lord that you are able to move on with your life and find true happiness! I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life and it will happen to you too! Stay strong and stay focused! Surround yourself with good friends and family! You will need them now more than ever! My thoughts are with you!!
July 14, 2010 10:00 AM

Anonymous said...
Great writing, terrible story in that you and "D" were both hurt. It amazes me how people, whether it's men or women can do this with no guilt and so coldly. He will get his. I truly believe in the saying, "What goes around, comes around." A cheater will one day be cheated on.
July 14, 2010 5:09 PM

Audra said...
The comments you have taken the time to put up have been very uplifting for both me and "D" . . . thank you for taking the time to write such heartfelt sentiments and compassion . . . we are both so gratefulfor for your embrace. I chose to delete a few comments, not because they weren't wonderful, but because they called out identifying information about "him" and as a professional writer I can't identify others in my writing without their permission. Those are my professional parameters for my blog, it is one of the reasons it is so popular. My email address is fourgirlsonestory@gmail.com if you would like to email me commentary that doesn't fall under those parameters, I am always happy to hear from my loyal readers.Blessings . . . ~Audra
July 15, 2010 6:37 AM

Anonymous said...
Very well written Audra, brings back memories of how I hurt someone a long time ago much in the same way. I am embarrassed to even mention it, but it's a reminder to me that I will never let it happen again. The hurt and the pain that was caused is unexplainable and will never be forgotten, but time has gone on and people have healed, forgiven and learned huge lessons to live the rest of our lives by. Thank you again for taking the time to write this and remind us that we all need to treat people as we would expect to be treated. Happiness is out there for all of us.
July 15, 2010 12:19 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you reading Dating Land! Your comment will be published once I have reviewed it and determined you are not a meth head/freak job/maniac. Thanks for reading, please visit me every Monday and Thursday! ~Audra