Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What WAS I thinking? Apparently nothing much.

Facebook is something the whole world is still trying to figure out. It's this mysterious snap shot of what's on someone's mind from time to time. Personally? I think I am a deep person. I read classic literature, contemplate the vastness of the universe, and work hard to instill meaningful values in my children.

Although you'd never know I had a brain at all if you based my intellectual capacity on the content of my random Facebook status updates. My rants read like the musings of a freak show with about as much depth as a mud puddle in the Sahara.

Yeah, well. It's Facebook.

It's not my personal manifesto by any stretch of the social networking imagination. What it is is a series of little moments and passing musings that I feel like throwing out into into the internet universe. I will confess, I try to share silly stuff whenever possible. I learned that from my Dad, he's always laughing. If hostile aliens took over the planet he'd be the guy cracking jokes even as Scotty beamed him up. The guy invented the silver lining philosophy, I swear.

I think that's a good way to live, personally.

So here are my top ten most recent Facebook status updates that many people have hit the "Like" on . . . as an illustration:

When the new automated garbage trucks come for pick up every week I can't help but think about those little alien guys in Toy Story every single time...."Oooohhhhh....The Cllllllaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww........"

It was so calming getting ready this morning with the electricity out, the rain falling, eating breakfast by candlelight. Told the kids we should seriously consider going Amish.

Tampons. Fiber One bars. And a toothbrush. This is my grocery list. Weird.......


Kinda wish I'd been an archeologist.

Smelly cat...smelly cat...what have they been feeding you....Smelly cat....smelly cat...it's not your fault . . .

Cancelled my Match.com account...R.I.P. online dating....I could find better quality men at a strip club.

Is it just me or did red lights used to last an eternity before texting existed? Now they seem like a freaking time warp when I want to send a text.

Great run around some lake in Eden Prairie just now. Minus the shin splints, lightening, and goose attack.

My kid is making up a song about how much she loves beef jerky. Set to Lady GaGa's Bad Romance. Gotta love road trips . . .

I sewed my daughter's pool pass onto her swimsuit . . . in the crotch. If that is proof I didn't have the best day today, I don't know what is. (Don't worry, I did take it off and attach it somewhere more Rated G. Can you imagine? "Lemme see your pool pass kiddo..." Um. Yeah....)

And...my all time favorite status update ever which I can not take credit for. It belongs to my ex-husband's aunt, she's a real nut (in a good way!). I don't want to know what on EARTH she was doing when she broke out her blackberry and decided to type this little tidbit in but it made me chuckle just the same:

HONK if you love the dump!

Now if that isn't finding the silver lining in a mundane life task....I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you reading Dating Land! Your comment will be published once I have reviewed it and determined you are not a meth head/freak job/maniac. Thanks for reading, please visit me every Monday and Thursday! ~Audra